3.31.2006

t.g.i.f.!

Especially because I don't have to work today! It's a beautiful day to have off, with possible highs in the 70s! Hello shorts and sandals!

Here are some upcoming events in the near and not-so-near future:

- New York International Children's Film Festival: I'm catching Nausicaa, a Miyazaki film, tomorrow morning at the IFC Center.
- Knitting class! Gerald got me a gift certificate for my birthday a while back, so I'm planning on signing up for a class in the next few weeks. If I'm any good, expeect to receive hats and scarves for Christmas!
- Tribeca Film Festival: 4/25 - 5/7. Despite living blocks away, I have yet to set foot in Tribeca. I'm sure I will make it out there for at least one movie.
- Brooklyn Restaraunt Week: 4/3 - 4/11. I couldn't find a link for the restaraunts, but I'm hoping to continue exploring this not-so-far borough.
- Baseball! The season opens on 4/2 and although I'm excited about the games, I'm a bit worried about my fantasy teams. There's just too much to do in NYC to keep track of my fantasy teams!
- The Whitney Biennial 2006: I'm really hoping to check this out soon. Maybe this afternoon?
- Upcoming auctions at Christie's: There's another wine auction on Saturday 4/8, will I have the guts this time to bid?

4 comments:

appojax said...

Indeed. I rented that Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of Winds and was only disappointed because they left so much out from the original books, plus I think I had to watch a dubbed version. But I trifle because it really is a cool movie.

Gerald San Jose said...

Here's the link to Brooklyn's restaurant week. I'm thinking about hitting up Blue Ribbon and Blue Ribbon Sushi in Park Slope.

http://www.brooklyntourism.org/dining.html

Albert said...

my fiancee hasn't moved up to knitting yet but she's learning to crochet. she said awhile back she was going to make me a crochet tie and socks, but i'm still waiting on them...

mike said...

i'll keep you all posted on when i finally take the knitting class. i'm actually pretty crappy when it comes to crafts, so don't expect anything fancy.

AJ - yes, the movie was quite disappointing. I really loved the books, and they really cut out SO much that it was pretty unenjoyable.