3.12.2006

sunday already!?

Yesterday Leslie and I checked out the wine auction at Christie's. We got an auction catalogue, bidding paddle and prepared to purchase some fine vino, but unfortunately none of the wine was up to our stringent standards. Or maybe I just didn't have the guts to pull the trigger on a $250 case of wine (which actually only comes out to little more than $20/bottle). I think I'm just not a wine guy. However, during our tour of their gallery, I did come across and awesome jacket from their Plaza auction that I am determined to bid on.

The rest of the day went by quickly as we had lunch in Chinatown (I had been craving steamed pork dumplings all week), dropped by my apartment so I could change out of the stuffy collared outfit I wore for Christies, and then headed to Leslie's sister and brother-in-law's place for dinner. Carolyn (I hope I'm spelling that right) and Doug prepared a great dinner, and then we watched "The Corpse Bride," which was much better than I thought it would be. I was so disappointed about "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (which was not bad, but I just had really high expectations), that I was really down on "Corpse Bride" while it was in the theaters.

Nothing planned for tonight, as I'm still not 100% and am hoping to shake my cough before I head back to Los Angeles next week.

- Malcolm Gladwell's blog is awesome. I also highly recommend reading his conversations with Bill Simmons on ESPN.com, part 1 and part 2.
- Good press on my favorite film festival.
- I found my old Dream League stats. Season 1 - note the team leading FG% (do not note anything else). Season 2 - got a little better with the improved team chemistry, but I'm definitely no Calvin Murphy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of jacket would the Plaza be selling besides porter and doormen jackets??

250 for a case of wine is not that bad, what kind of wine was it?

Anonymous said...

i don't know what kind of jacket it was, other than awesome.

you can check out the auction catalogue next time you're over.

Gerald San Jose said...

Did you bid on it?