3.22.2006

i'm sick!

I been a while since I last posted, largely because work has been pretty busy, and I've come down with quite the nasty cold. I know I always brag about my fantastic immune system, but i think the combination of traveling, drinking, and staying up late has not helped me get any better. I still believe that most people would be bed-ridden with what I have, and that it's only my amazing antibodies that are keeping me going at work.

Here's what's been going on since the wedding:

- On Saturday night, Tommy had a get-together at his parents' house with family and friends. It was nice to have a more relaxed evening with everyone, and we got to enjoy some awesome mojo potatoes from Shakeys!

- Sunday I arrived in New York at 5:00AM, just enough time to sleep for a couple of hours before work. Of course, the one Sunday I have to work after a cross-country flight is the same Sunday I have to work until nearly midnight. On my way home from work I decide to grab a chicken unda roll, and the only other customer in Kathi Roll is none other than my roommate Chih! If I had arrived just minutes earlier, we could have both saved 50 cents.

- Monday night was the Slice-Gothamist pizza party. I went with Chih, and we had our fill of all-you-can-eat pizza and all-can-drink beer and wine. You can read all about it on Slice or Gothamist, or view pics from the event on Flickr. My favorite pizza at Fornino was their black-truffle pizza. Had I known it was also their most expensive pizza ($35 small/$50 large), I defnitely would have had a few more slices. The highlight, however, was Chef/owner Michael Ayoub's mozzarella-making demonstration. Not only did we watch him make fresh mozzarella from curd, but everyone got to sample the freshly made cheese with sea salt and proscuitto. Best cheese ever. Thanks to Gothamist and Slice for organizing such a great event!

- On Tuesdays I've had to opportunity to practice with my new basketball team (Go Moe's Tavern!). However, yesterday I decided I was feeling way too sick, and that it was probably better for me to rest at home and prepare for Thursday night's game.

Tonight I'm headed to a co-worker's wedding in Chinatown after work. Let's hope I get better soon!

1 comment:

Gerald San Jose said...

Another wedding? thats random that its on a wednesday. Im annoyed I couldnt go to Slice's party, but I did enjoy the Tartufo Pizza the following night - $35 for the small!! Your party ticket was a deal!