4.03.2006

good times...

My weekend kicked off with a beautiful Friday morning. I finally hit the gym after weeks of being sick or too busy to go, and as a reward, I decided to hit up the Shake Shack for a sunny outdoor lunch in Madison Square Park. Once I got there, I encountered the longest line ever - between joining the line and finally getting my food, I spent nearly an hour and a half watching the shade slowly overcome the park, and feeling the temperature drop steadily. Luckily, I had donned a long sleeve jacket to go along with my shorts and favorite sandals. However, all things considered, my Shack Burger, hamburger with everything, fries and a large strawberry shake were worth the wait.

DSCN2708.JPG

Saturday seemed like it would be nice too, but after Gerald and I emerged from the theater after watching Nausicca and the Valley of Wind at around 2PM, it was actually raining! After a brief stop at home to change into shoes, Gerald and I hit up Demarco's for some of my favorite pizza. Then I spent the better part of the afternoon at home playing World of Warcraft before meeting up with my old co-worker Julia (coolest intern ever - if Jean ever comments on my blog she can be tied). We walked around Soho, running into Famke Janssen again (Julia was completely celebrity frozen for a few seconds), and finally stopped for dinner at the Sullivan Diner for some so-so Dutch pancakes.

Sunday was painful to go into work, as it was just such a beautiful day. However, after work I met up with my buddy Paul (also an old BUILD associate) for some excellent burgers at Corner Bistro. I wasn't very happy with my first experience there as I found the hamburger to be a bit bland and soggy. However, this time I ordered their Bistro Burger, which comes with bacon and cheese, and it was excellent. We got in at a good time as we only waited about five minutes for a table, but on our way out the place was packed with a line nearly going out the door! After dinner we hit up a bar to catch MLB's opening game and caught up as it had been a while since we last met up.

On a side note - Paul and I are hoping to catch the April 14 Knicks game against his hometown Bucks. Let me know if you're interested in joining us!

1 comment:

mike said...

awesome! thanks tien! you gonna go out with us this weekend when Eric comes to visit?