4.11.2006

roommate reunion!

I apologize that it's been so long since my last post. I blame it on laziness. And the nice weather. And having friends in town. And World of Warcraft.

Anyways, last week was filled with reunions. First, I had dinner with Andrea. She was my roommate in north Berkeley after I finally moved out of the fraternity house. We hadn't seen each other in years, with her leaving the country and me wholly self-absorbed in my own life.

Next up was Christina, my other roommate from the same apartment. Unlike Andrea, who moved to NY shortly before I did, Christina was only here for a whirlwind art tour from Friday morning to Saturday afternoon. Gerald (who replaced Andrea to live with me and Christina), Francis and I met her for drinks on Friday night before we all went back to my place, squeezed into my tiny bedroom and nearly fell asleep listening to Francis' mix tape.

Finally, last but not least, was Eric, my old roommate from the SOMA bachelor pad (come to think if it, that was his apartment before moving in with his then-girlfriend, now-wife). He was in town for some b-school orientation events (drinking, drinking and more drinking). I met up with him and some other friends on Saturday night, going from one bar to the next in the LES until we ended up at a late-night chutney place on Houston.

All that's left now in terms of roommates since 2000 would be the other Eric from my SOMA apartment and Thien from my Noe Valley place. If you're reading this, you guys need to come out and visit!

2 comments:

Gerald San Jose said...

cool, how was that chutney place? that was the $5 one right?

mike said...

haha, yeah the $5 one. it wasn't bad. wasn't really that good. i guess at least a change from macdougal street.