4.30.2006

one down, ten to go!

On Friday I kicked off my Tribeca week with Farewell Bender, a coming-of-age piece set in the Sacramento in 1996 about three friends and their lives after the death of a friend. Although it was a small indie flick (shot in only 22 days, as revealed during Q&A with the director), it still starred recognizable faces including Finch from American Pie (who will also be in Fifty Pills, another Tribeca film I'll be watching) and some guy from Remember the Titans.

After a big loss on Thursday night with my Dream League team, it was nice to finally win some games on Saturday. It didn't hurt that the sun was shining, there was the perfect breeze sweeping through the court at Sara Roosevelt Park, and everyone was out to have a good time playing ball. We closed out the afternoon with Pho Grand, and I also picked up a Vietnamese sandwich from Banh Mi Saigon in Chinatown before heading home.

Tonight I'm looking forward to seeing Comeback Season, a buddy comedy starring Ray Liotta. Buddy comedies are definitely one of may favorite genres, with the ages of the buddies spanning from young in Angus to ancient in Grumpy Old Men.

No comments: