9.15.2008

music genius

Genius, a new iTunes add-on is awesome! After iTunes 8.0 was released, I thought it was just another standard update that followed an iPod announcement.  However, once I read a little more about Genius I decided to give it a shot.  It takes a while to install, as it have to sync with the iTunes store, but now that I've got it all set up, it's made some fantastic playlists for me!  This is especially helpful as I've got a ton of music given to me by friends and family that I've never even listened to.  


Also, I've pulled out my old Grado SR60 headphones.  I purchased these almost 10 years ago, but ended up breaking one of the speakers off.  10 years later, I've been bringing them with me every time I move, even though one headphone was unattached and the pads had deteriorated beyond belief.  However, in a spurt of productivity, I superglued the headphone back on, and purchased new earphone pads and am now listening to an awesome set of headphones!

I also realized recently how much I use the word awesome.  Alot.  I realized this after instant messaging with a friend and using the statement "that's awesome" three times in a row without thinking about it.  I'll try to reference my thesaurus more, but no promises.

No comments: