5.29.2006

man it's hot part 2

Now that today is nearly over, I have to announce again that this was the perfect weekend to get an air conditioner. This humidity wipes me out. I've sworn off Warcraft for the week, so I tried my best to have a more active holiday Monday:

- Watched a few episodes of Lost Season 1 (spoiler ahead!: The Korean woman speaks English! I was shocked!)
- Bought beach towels from Bed Bath and Beyond
- Walked around Union Square, soaked in some sun sitting on a bench
- Met up with Gerald and friends for a delicious lunch a Gotham Bar and Grill
- Picked up new shorts and a shirt
- Sat on the grass at Unions Square (which I will never do again, the grass there was pretty gross and I swear had fleas)
- Went home and rested for a bit in the air-conditioned apartment
- Ran a couple miles along the West Side Highway, which was very nice
- Took a refreshing cod shower
- Picked up Ben's Pizza for dinner
- Watched The Closet, a French movie, which although still good, did not live up the great memory I had of it

Now I am off to bed, even though it is barely 11:00PM here. The heat is draining...

DSCN3156.JPG
Union Square from across the street

1 comment:

mike said...

a cod shower is when you take live cod and batter them all over your body. it's quite an exfoliator, plus makes for tons of fish and chip dinners.