5.03.2006

36% done with tribeca

DSCN2779.JPG

So far I've watched four of the eleven movies on my list, and I haven't been that impressed. Here's the recap:

Farewell Bender: reviewed below

Comeback Season: This buddy comedy starring Ray Liotta as the husband who's trying win back his family by moving in with the injured HS football star next door was in reality a chick flick about two people trying to restore their lives by finding their inner feelings. I like chick flicks as much as the next sensitive, in-touch-with-yourself guy, but please don't try to pass one off like a guys' movie. When I want a moving guys movie, I'll watch Friday Night Lights and when I want chick flick, I'll pop in You've Got Mail. Don't try to be both.

The Promise: Everything I had heard about this movie ranged from awful to "made me depressed about the future of Chinese film." That being said, it exceeded expectations at only a small step below mediocre. Best described as a fantasy film set in a mythical Chinese land. If only the CGI, costumes, acting, script, plotline and casting were not so bad.

One Last Thing: This was a sweet movie about one dying kid's last wish to spend a weekend with a supermodel. Although much of the plot was too contrived, there were a number of very tender moments. Not that I cried. Really, Gerald can vouch for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recapping, Mike. This really helps me edit my "movies to see" list.