1.24.2006

leaving on a jet(blue) plane

what's with super shuttle picking me up at 8:45am for a 11:45am flight out of jfk (about 30 minutes away)? i figured i must be one of the earlier pick ups, or maybe traffic is jammed this early on a tuesday morning, but no. i was the last pick up and we were at jfk by 9:15! shake a fist!

at least jetblue provides free internet. i actually haven't flown southwest in such a long time, but in my opinion jetblue blows them out of the sky (not literally). actually, i guess its not too bad since they've got tvs all over the place so i finally caught highlights of kobe's big game. i just wish i could listen in to espn with my radio, like you can at a gym. back to kobegodwin callled yesterday and he referred me to a great basketball statistics site (82games.com) which had a neat article about the value of kobe bryant.

i'm very excited about going home, even though the weather is amazing here in ny. after family, the thing i am looking forward to the most is eating. i'm planning on feasting while i'm in town, even though i should beback shortly for tommy's wedding in march. other than that, i have some law school stuff to take care of, and francis lent me the first two seasons of lost, so i may try to start on that .(but i have no idea how i'd find time to watch it regularly, as i barely catch my two favorite shows now - the simpsons and the office).

i still remember how while i was in college, i never ever missed my sunday night lineup of futurama, king of the hill, simpsons, (break time), x-files, and the practice. now i can barely sit still for more than one hour of tv.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

supershuttle sucks. it takes FOREVER.

Anonymous said...

I forgot you were flying home today. Have fun in Pas and get your fill on burritos and In-n-out!!

When are you coming back again - next Monday right?

mike said...

actually, this time super shuttle was mad fast - although the driver was one of the craziest drivers i've ridden with in a while.

i'll be back on monday night. let me know if you need anything from la. i'll definitely be bringing back board games!

F said...

at least your shuttle came. i ordered one for the morning of the transit strike, only to have the ensuing traffic gridlock my shuttle. super shuttle sucks, i got no call from them, just 3 different stories, a cancelled order that they didn't refund, and pangs of fear in me when i had to hustle into a local gypsy cab to bust my ass to the airport.

Anonymous said...

ah that sucks! i can give you a ride monday night. oh i wish you could bring back an in-and-out burger with fries. :(

Anonymous said...

My driver in Washington DC told me since Veola took over supershuttle they have been firing all management that have anything to do with the old guard and bringing in taxi people from the outside who will treat the drivers as they should, like crap. This company is going down the drain.

My driver said he will quit soon, no use competing against his own company and working for morons He said the new guy runing supershuttle is a taxi guy from baltimore that wants to make his millions and then sell the company. He is buying taxi companys in every shuttle market.

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some content for your blog in exchange
for a link back to mine. Please blast me
an e-mail if interested. Regards!

Feel free to visit my webpage; weight loss program