1.20.2009

lunch club

So for my last few months in Chicago, I've decided to institute a lunch club where I plan on going on a destination lunch each week. By destination lunch, I mean somewhere either good/new, and planned in advance where friends are invited (although I do enjoy eating alone, that wouldn't make it much of a club).

Last week's inaugural meal (for the lunch club, not the government), was at Rosebud Steakhouse for their awesome burger. This week I plan on hitting up Pizano's Pizza for some supposedly delicious "thin crust pizza."

Speaking of the real inauguration, I showed up at my 10:50am Evidence class wondering why less than half the people were there. Once I realized that it was during the inauguration, I quietly stepped out of class to watch on the big screen the school had set up. By them time I returned to class, so had a few other students. I am glad I decided to watch the speech instead of sit in class, as I'm sure the inauguration will go down as one of the great historic moments in during my lifetime (and Rule 407 didn't seem that hard to understand).

No comments: