7.08.2008

long weekend recap

I must say that I had an incredible long weekend.  Here's how it went:


Thursday, July 3, 2008
I left work early to help prepare for my cousin Jeanne's wedding in Woodside.  The wedding was beautiful, and it was great to see all of my family members who flew into town for the celebration.

Friday, July 4, 2008
After a long morning of Law and Order, Lauren and I went for a walk in the Mission, capped off by lunch at Pancho Villa.  I think I still prefer El Farolito over Pancho Villa, but it was still pretty darn good.  In the late afternoon, we drove out to Ocean Beach where we met up with Jeanne, Robby, and most of their wedding party.  Although I didn't spend any time on the beach, we parked in Golden Gate Park before heading to Pacific Catch for dinner.  Finally, we drove from the Sunset to the Marina to catch the fireworks.  Sadly, the weather was extremely cold and foggy, so we all froze along the Marina while watching colored fog.

Saturday, July 5, 2008
I can't seem to remember anymore what I did, but I'll try to recall and update this post.

Sunday, July 6, 2008
Lauren, Jennifer and I went for a ride along the coast as I took them to their first visit to Stinson Beach.  After sitting out in the sand for an hour to two, we stopped by Muir Woods on the way back for a nice, short afternoon hike.  We go lucky with parking, as the lot had been full when we passed by earlier, but we ended up with a spot fifty feet from the visitor center.  We did the Ocean View trail (about 3 miles), and it was the perfect afternoon 1.5 hour hike.  Upon our return to the city, we feasted at House of Prime Rib, hiking gear and all.

All in all, an awesome long weekend!

No comments: