12.27.2007

new york, new york

I know this post is long overdue, and I probably should have just skipped it and blogged on about India.  However, I just couldn't feel right glossing over what was an awesome trip to New York.  In four days, I ended up sampling tons of NY's finest culinary delights!


Thanks to Eric and Joey, who put me up in their wonderful Wall St. apartment!

The details may be a bit off, but here's what I had while I was in town.

Day 1.  Eric and I grabbed drinks and some awesome sliders and pigs in a blanket at Ulysses, a popular Wall St. hangout.  Then we met up with Gerald and headed up to East Village for some Crif Dogs and Kenka.

Day 2. Ess-a-Bagel for breakfast.  Man, I love NY bagels.  Then to the Greenmarket at Union Square with Gerald and Christina.  After a quick visit to the MOMA, we went for cupcakes at my favorite cupcake shop - Buttercup Bakery.  For dinner, we made the long trip to Fort Lee to So Kong Dong Tofu, a soft tofu stew house (soondubu).

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG

Day 3.  Eric, Joey and I kicked off the day at Joe's Ginger for steam dumplings (IMO way way better than Din Tai Fung), which I then followed up with some Chinatown Ice Cream Factory.  In the afternoon, I treated my high school friends to a food tour around my old neighborhood -Joe's Pizza, Sullivan Street Bakery, Kati roll, Rice to Riches, oysters from Chelsea Market and Pinkberry. Finally, we polished off the night at Chicken and Rice on 6th Ave.

IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG

Day 4.  There was no way I was leaving NY without having a cubano from Sophie's.  Prior to that, Gerald and I grabbed bialys at Kassar's in the LES.  Finally, I bought a few sandwiches for the flight at Province Chinese Canteen.

IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG

No comments: