2.27.2006

shake a fist! procrastination

Why am I such a big procrastinator? I thought I had shaken most of the procrastinating bones out of my system, but now I find myself waiting until the very last minute to finish an essay required for one of my law school applications! I've actually been very good about things in the past few years, so I'll chalk it up to the fact that it's been years since I wrote any essay of substance (aside from my personal statement, which was a grueling and time-consuming piece of work spread out across two years). At least it prepares me for the many papers I'll have to write in law school.

One thing I really need to work on is typing, as I am much more accustomed to writing by hand (at least in high school and for my one history essay sophomore year of college). Surprisingly, Mavis Beacon is gradually increasing my typing ability, or at least helping me get used to not looking at the keyboard when I type (I still don't type with the correct fingers 100% percent of the time). I feel so grown up when I type a sentence without looking at the keyboard!

- Promo video for the new Microsoft Origami (found on CNET's blog)
- The first woman (plus 18 others) elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame
- One L.A. family's trip to NYC. I still can't believe I live here!
- D&D goes online. Seriously, how can they expect to compete with World of Warcraft using dice graphics?
- Current events on Wikipedia. It's got a good mix of all kinds of stuff (today - Taiwan, bank robberies, Da Vinci Code!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, i saw that D&D article today and thought of you!

mike said...

what are you trying to say?! j/k!

btw, my app just got put in the "hold" category by Upenn Law, so I'm thinking about making a trip out there. you think you'll be free to hang out if i come down?

Anonymous said...

So have you started writing the essay apart from your outline?