4.05.2006

moe's tavern goes to white castle!

After a great win in Brooklyn, Moe's Tavern decided to celebrate at White Castle. Honestly, this was all I could think about all game, as there had been emails mentioning a possible trip. I knew that if we won, Mike (the other one) was getting the team a case of sliders.

We were on such a big high after our win, a couple guys on the team treated us all to TWO cases of sliders (60 little burgers), plus sacks of chicken rings (yes Cris, RINGS, not wings), clam strips and fish nibblers. I went for the even dozen but could only polish off eleven before getting stopping. I was highly satisfied by my first trip to White Castle. How could I not be impressed by any burger joints that inspects every crate of burgers for accuracy! (Although our second crate was missing the inspection stickers, and some of those burgers were found to be ketchup-less)

04-05-06_2107.jpg

04-05-06_2110.jpg

Although White Castle was no Shake Shack or Corner Bistro, neither are those places White Castle. I doubt you'd find at those places two random people in the restaraunt telling us how sick we'll be tonight (by the way, I am still feeling excellent).

5 comments:

Gerald San Jose said...

The best is the first slider, after 4 or 5 get sick of the taste.

Anonymous said...

you had eleven?!
barf.

appojax said...

thanx for the welcome, wu!

white castle...uhuhuhuhuh.

mike said...

yes - 11! I went for four at one time, but could only stuff maybe about three in my mouth. I think that's what got me, when I downed one, and went for four.

mike said...

don't knock the rings and strips until you've tried them. and the burgers! they made a movie about them!