4.16.2006

happy easter!

What a beautiful Easter Sunday! Unfortunately, I am stuck here at work. As the spring progresses and we head into summer, I have no doubt you'll hear more of my gripes on having to come into the office on these beautiful weekend days.

However, I have to say that I have had a fabulous Friday/Saturday weekend. I had a bunch of things I was hoping to accomplish, and I was able to do everything on my list except for getting a haircut. Here's what I did:

- Had lunch at Katz's. I 've been really good about starting my day off with my favorite organic cereal from Trader Joe's, so I wasn't that hungry for lunch. I went with a hot dog (which was good, but over-priced at $2.75) and matzo ball soup. I had never before seen Katz's that full on a weekday, but I guess a lot of people had the day off. Lucky for me Gerald, Danielle and others had already gotten us seats.

- Bought tickets for all of the Tribeca Film Fest shows that I really wanted to see. Gerald hooked me up by purchasing my tickets with his Amex during the American Express pre-sale, and also using his ID to get the downtown (South of Canal, I think) discount. I picked up every show I wanted for only $8 a pop!

- Worked out. That's pretty standard for Fridays.

- Went to a going-away party for a project manager who is leaving our firm. Anyone looking for a hot up-and-coming tech career, check out Litigation Support. I've only been in the industry for a couple of months, but it's been booming since I've started.

- Went to Madison Square Garden for the Knicks vs. Bucks game with Paul. We had nosebleed seats (literally the last row at the very top), but it was still cool to watch a game at MSG. Or at least guys playing basketball, as it wasn't much of a game with the Bucks blowing the Knicks out from the start. Funniest moment of the night was when fans started booing a guy trying to make free throws to win a prize. I think he sank one free throw in 45 seconds. Thanks to Tien for the Knicks' ticket discount code!

- Watched a midnight showing of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, with John Cameron Mitchell (its creator and star) introducing the show. I had seen it ages ago with EJen at the Roxie in SF, but it may have been better the second time as the live cast performance was much less crazy and not as distracting as in San Francisco.

- Played ball outdoors at a park in the Lower East Side Saturday morning/afternoon. It was awesome. The weather was perfect, we had the perfect number of guys, I couldn't have asked for more (except to have made more of my open lay-ups).

- Had pho with the guys right after basketball. We ate at Pho Grand, which may have been the fanciest pho place I've ever been. It was steal at $10 (tax + tip) for the large #1 (pho with everything), and two spring rolls, fried and unfried.

- Met up with Chih to look at bikes. He had already picked one, so he just accompanied me as I checked out Recycle a Bicycle and a random used bike guy, both in the East Village. While we were waiting for his bike to be finished, we hung out at Tompkins Square Park and watched the dogs play in the big dog run.

- Got ramen with Leslie. My first ramen in New York City, and I must say it was excellent. After sampling some of her soybean based broth, I'm glad I went with the salt-flavored broth instead. In addition to the pho lunch, early dinner ramen, I also ended up getting pad thai later in the night to complete the Asian noodle hat trick.

- Took a nice lunchtime walk today through Central Park. It was awesome, just like the Central Park I had always imagined, with people and kids and dogs and joggers and bike riders. I can't wait to enjoy a lazy day at the park!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo dude, cool!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.