4.07.2006

it's a bit sad

That I've been reduced to grocery shopping at my local CVS pharmacy. I guess I still pick up my milk and juice from a real market and got some good stuff at Trader Joe's last week, but I think I'm just a bit depressed from missing the old neighborhood Safeway. Living here has made me really appreciate the "super" in supermarkets. It's nice how there are little tiny markets everywhere (btw, why are they called bodegas?), but I miss my one-stop, heavily discounted, shopping.

Anyways, for lunch today I picked up a can of chili and some biscuits from Amy's bread. I actually had to buy a ton of bread since I forgot my cash and Amy's has a $10 minimum for credit charges. If you want some challah cinnamon loaf or black olive bread contact me. This is an old picture, but it looks EXACTLY like my lunch:

DSCN2012.JPG

4 comments:

appojax said...

damn. dinty moore, eat your heart out!

mike said...

i've actually never had anything by dinty moore. i just remember seeing old misprinted ads that read "dirty moore"

Becky said...

Bodega is a Spanish word that means pantry, shop, or storage place. In Spanish-speaking countries, a lot of little corner markets are named bodegas.

appojax said...

and all this time I thought they were places to get herb.