4.21.2006

ballers of the world

Per my boy Gbeaze's (a.k.a. Gregory B.) request, I'll post a summary of my fantasy basketball leagues, now that everything's been said and done. This year was filled with highs, lows and even more lows. let this post be the last time I think about the 2005-2006 fantasy bball season.

League: Keeper League Year 2 (roto)
Team: Ballers of the World
Finish: #10 of 16
Recap: Started the season at the bottom thanks to the poor play of Stephon Marbury, one of my keepers, as well as Larry Hughes, my first round draft pick. Tim Duncan, my other keeper, also had a subpar (for him) year. Highlights included drafting Jamison, and picking up Mike James off free agency. Fortunately I also drafted Amare, who will be my second keeper next year.

League: Money Pit (head to head)
Team: Ballers of the World
Finish: #5 of 12
Recap: Hovered between #1-3 all season long with the exceptional play of Shawn Marion, Pierce, Andre Miller and Odom. Key pick ups included Jason Terry and Jamal Crawford. Frustratingly though, after leading the league for most of the season, BOTW was knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by Taya, by only three rebounds (on the final day, had Brad Miller collected six rebounds instead of three, I would have advanced!). Some consolation wsa received when Taya ended up winning the championship as the #6 seed. Kudos to Art for a great comeback!

League: Too many names to remember (roto)
Team: Ballers of the World (but finished as "worst.season.ever)
Finish: #12 of 12
Recap: Similar to Keeper League Year 2, this team was doomed from the draft after picking TD and Marbury as the two potential keepers. I was able to stay away from the bottom for most of the season, with the strong play of Odom, Miller, and key role players like Rip Hamilton and Mike James. the team took a turn for the worse, however, when I traded Odom and Miller for Korver and Richard Jefferson, in an attempt to cut down on TOs and bolster my 3PTs. From there it was all downhill. At least I get the first pick in next year's draft.

In terms of real-life basketball, I was really hoping to shoot some hoops outdoors today, but the rain has spoiled those plans.

6 comments:

appojax said...

mike: tell me who ur gonna pick first so i can plan accordingly k? thanks dawg.

Kujo said...

star berry was a total bust this year, that screwed you.

Kujo said...

oh and is there a complete list of peeps keepers yet?

appojax said...

next year shkeak and strimps at the draft: fleague reunited!

appojax said...

ps mike u did a bust-up job as commish this year so don't feely bad.

mike said...

thanks for the kind words fellas. i'll post our league info here to force everyone to check my blog! bwahahha!