1.02.2006

wow, 2006

every new year i think the same thing: "i can't believe it's already ___! it's ___ and what do i have to show for myself! i'm already (____ - 1978) years old, without a career, no family plans, still paying rent, who knows where i'm headed! why couldn't i have done more in (____ - 1)?!?!"

then i calm down, reflect on who i am, and give thanks for everything i've been blessed with. in 2005 my family and friends all had good health, i was surrounded by great people, and i continued to learn, grow and mature as a person. looking back, i can't ask for more than that. i was thinking of doing a 2005 highlight reel, but i realized that every single day was a highlight, even if i didn't realize it then.

for 2006, i wish for everyone's continued good health, that my relationshiips with friends and family stay strong, and that i continue to have opportunities to make myself a better person.

thank you to everyone who touched my life in 2005, and i look forward to an even better year in 2006!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I think almost the same thing each year....the years go by to fast.