1.14.2006

naked without my man-bag

girls have it so easy with a purse. once i started carrying a bag to work, it's very hard for me to go anywhere without one. especially here i new york, where i am always on the train or bus, it's nice to be able to hold more personal effects that my pockets can carry. at the very least, i've got my umbrella, book, mp3 player, cell phone, keys, metro card, lip balm, and notebook, which mean's that i either stuff my pants pockets to the brim, use a fanny pack, or carry a man-purse. i chose the man-purse.

luckily my old roommate thien bought me a great one from his hk/china trip last year, which is the perfect size to carry around everywhere. it's even been complemented numerous times as "cute."

anyways, tonight i went out to dinner with friends to tia pol, and for the first time in a while that i was man-bag-less. i felt a bit vulnerable on the way there (what if my train stalls in the tunnel and i have nothing to read! what if my lips start feeling chapped!), but now that i've gone the whole night sans bag, i think i'll be ok when i can't carry it around. as long as it's a short trip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha man purses are HOT. they're definitely conversation starters.
although perhaps if you started wearing your winter jacket (like most people) you'd have some extra pocket room.

mike said...

i have been complimented on how "cute" my man-bag is

Anonymous said...

was that me and lise when we were waling to bua?

mike said...

no it was at a bbq in san francisco. some girls were asking whose cute bag was on the picnic table, not realizing what a strong, masculine man it belonged to (but of course i was giddy inside! (not really, just flattered))