1.27.2006

not alone

here's an article that my sister jennifer brought me about the popularity of messenger bags. over-the-shoulder bags are just to convenient to be ignored. now i just need to ditch my chinese knock-off (not that it's not nice, thien, just you know...) and get a nice lv or j varvatos bag.

los angeles update - i always forget how nice it is to have someone cook for you three meals a day, or as many as you'd like to have at home. all i've been doing is sitting around at home, visiting family members, and hanging out with my friends.

so far the only non-chinese meal i've had was at ribs usa, with mark, chris and bo on wednesday night. i have posted twice before (here and here) about this restaraunt, but let me reiterate that this is my favorite places for ribs and hot wings. forgot my camera, but took a cameraphone pic just to show how monstrous their ribs are (pictured below). i look forward to comparing it with dinosaur bbq.

01-25-06_2111.jpg

today mark and i also watched Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior, which came highly recommended. the action lived up to expectations, with great non-special effects martial arts and pseudo-acrobatic feats, but the story line was just a step above mediocre. if you're a big jackie chan fan, or enjoy well-choreographed fight scenes, this is the movie for you.

i mistakenly thought this was the second thai movie i have seen. the movie that i thought was thai, but is actually from singapore, is that's the way i like it - a underdog movie inspired by saturday night fever. great story, plus you can't beat fobby disco!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try dinosaur. let me know when you want to go.

Anonymous said...

Those ribs are outrgeous. But also, I've become loyal to only eating pork barbeque ribs ever since living in Memphis, so that's what we ordered at Dinosaur.

mike said...

i used to be the same g, only ordering pork ribs, but the beef ribs at ribs usa are probably better than any pork ribs i've had anywhere else. of course, i still hedge my bets and order combo plates.

susane - i'm down for dinosaur anytime.

Gerald San Jose said...

You always spell Susana's name differently every time.

Anonymous said...

everyone spells my differently :)

mike said...

i totally know it's spelled susana! i just don't type well and there's no way to edit comments.

sorry sussana!

(j/k susana!)

mike said...

his final move on the other kickboxer is my favorite! i only wish i found the dvd remote so i could check out his music videos and live performances...