1.04.2006

the brownie stops here!

last week this would have referred to my brownie pit stops at 1PM, 3PM and 6PM, sometimes replaced by a cookie or rice krispie treat. however, starting now i am taking a the anti-brownie stand against the at-work snacking of these delicious, tasty, oh-so-good baked goods.

from now on, i will resist buying another brownie just to raise my lunch tab over $6.50 to stamp my frequent buyers card. i will turn away when we receive a gift package from one of our many clients or vendors. when a co-worker brings in baked goods for whatever reason, i will politely decline. even if it's fresh krispy kreme!

in addition to the end of the at-work snacking era, i also vow to be much better about exercising. with the help of a personal trainer, i've had some of the best gym workouts of my life recently, but i pledge to go to the gym more than once a week. i also plan to start running again, once i get a new pair of running shoes. no more broken folding chairs! never again will i experience the humiliation of having my pants button pop while sitting! this will not be me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish people at work brought me free snacks. I'm always hungry when I'm in the office and the vending machines here suck.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,
DaGuGu here! Always enjoy reading your daily blog. I love your shots of the big Apple as well, which makes me want to come out and visit.

So you have your New Year's resolution all figured out. I still have to "work" on mine. It won't be easy, since my old year's resolution was "work less, enjoy more"!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I always try to make that vow, but can never follow through. It's so hard to turn away from free food, especially if it involves chocolates.

mike said...

i've already turned down free brownies/cookies a bunch of times at work, and once you start doing it i's not that difficult.

2006 will be a fitness year for me!