5.21.2006

a few reviews

There's just something about posting past events that make me want to procrastinate. Therefore, it's probably best for me to do aa quick post about recent stuff in my life.

Food: Yesterday I was hankering for some red meat, so I decided to give Rare Bar & Grill a shot. I wasn't too impressed, although it may have been because I only realized halfway through my meal that they had cooked my burger medium, instead of medium rare. I should have taken a closer look at the little colored toothpick stuck in the patty that showed how well the meat was cooked. I remember Sizzler was my favorite place that used to do that. Too bad I didn't get a cheese bread (ala Sizzler) with my meal, because the burger was just too unmanagable for me too enjoy. I like eating my burger with my hands, not with a knife and fork. Anyways, I think I may have to try this again, before being able to rcommend it. Their biggest weakness was the fragile bun, which couldn't contain the monster patty or toppings (I got a fried egg and bacon).

Movie: On Chih's recommendation, I decided to check out Evergreen Video in the West Village, which turned out to be an awesome video store with a great foreign selection. Leslie found Tampopo (Wiki entry here), a movie she's been raving about and has had difficulty finding. It was very entertaining, and most of all made me crave ramen for the rest of the night
(speaking of noodle soups, I've been craving New Wonton Garden ever since Catherine introduced it to me). Overall, I'd recommend it to fans of Japanese movies, or those looking for a quirky food movie.

Website: My sister told me about www.pandora.com, a very cool streaminig music site that streams music based on your preferences. I listened to it all day, set up a few different stations (indie rock, country, etc.), and loved it! Definitely try it if you can listen to music on your computer, it's awesome.

Tomorrow: I'm hoping to meet up with some guys on my basketball team to catch the Clippers/Suns Game 7 (Go L.A.'s other team!) at Croxley's, home of the $0.10 wing specials. I'm sure they're no Ribs USA wings, but let's hope they are at least decent!

No comments: