9.06.2008

t.g.i.f. (hopefully first of many)

It's going to be a nice semester, what with my four-day weekends.  I'm sure they'll get busier as the semester progresses, but this week I seriously had nothing to do.  In fact, if I wasn't volunteering at CIM today, I'd have no clue what to do today since I've already done my share of errands, exploring the city and playing video games on Thursday and Friday.


Thursday:
Howard came over to help me set up Rock Band, which we played for an hour before heading out to the law school's welcome back party.  It was great to catch up with everyone, and then unexpectedly, I decided to extend the evening by going to the bar review at Sheffield's.  It was lots of fun and we closed the bar down, but I'm probably still trying to recover from that late night.

Friday:
Met with the school registrar to make sure I'll be able to graduate - thankfully I only need 26 units, which shouldn't be too bad.  Lauren and I went to Crisp for lunch, which was not only good, but eerily exactly like how it is described in its Yelp reviews (Doug, the owner, really is unbelievably helpful and friendly).  After lunch, I did some t-shirt shopping at the Threadless retail store, and we also dropped by Pastoral, a cute little cheese shop.

Following Lakeview, we walked down to Lincoln Park to visit the zoo.  On our way, we also stopped by the Lincoln Park Conservatory, as well as the Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool.  We walked past the Nature Museum, but we decided to save that for another day.  Finally we made it to the Lincoln Park Zoo.  By the time we got home, I was so pooped from the food coma and all of the walking that I slept from 7:00 - 10:00 pm, before waking up for dinner and then going back to sleep again until the morning.  I can't believe I slept for so long!

Tonight I'll be headed to Millenium Park for a free event held by the Steppenwolf Theatre Company - "Dream Chicago."


CIMG3076
CIMG3093
CIMG3081
CIMG3098
CIMG3124

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Welcome back, Mike!