3.09.2006

what's with gmail?

Only a few weeks back, I raved about Gmail's new chat function and how easy to use it was. However, nowadays it seems as though their server is constantly crashing. Shake a fist! How else am I supposed to keep in contact with the outside world?

I just noticed you can turn off the chat feature. Hopefully this will help the email feature work.

Anyways, I recently finished two excellent books. I highly recommend both:

The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Leguin - a trip to a fantasy world of year-long winter and mono-gendered inhabitants.
The Plot Against America by Philip Roth - a trip to a fantasy American future where Lindbergh serves as America's pro-Nazi president in the 1940s.

- big game tonight vs USC. A win guarantees a trip to the tournament! Go Bears!
- Touche! China responds to American human rights report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe two-buck Chuck is $3 in Chicago. I wonder how much it will be here in NYC.

You can actaully download them directly from Flickr. For example, on any picture you can click on "All Sizes" and then click to download any of them. Try it now! http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikwu/109071952/

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mike, 2-buck-chuck is really $2.99-buck-chuck in the store that sells it in New Jersey, so I'm expecting it to be at least the same price at the Union Square TJs.