3.15.2006

fair warning.. selling!

Yesterday morning, I took off work and headed to Christie's to attempt to win the Plaza bellhop jacket which was not only embroidered with my name, but was a perfect fit! I rushed to get to the Rockefeller Center by 10AM, registered to bid, and then sadly discovered that the estimated price for the lot containing my jacket was $800-$1,200, a little more than what I wanted to play for a used, albeit cool, jacket.

Even though I wasn't planning to bid on my lot, I'm glad I decided to spend some time watching the auction as it was far more exciting than then the wine auction last weekend. The highlight was this painting, which was estimated to sell at $1,000 - $1,500, but sold for $65,000! When the bidding finally closed, there was a huge round of applause from the audience.

Anyways, I'm off to Los Angeles soon for Tommy and Sanjeet's wedding! Have a great weekend all!

1 comment:

Gerald San Jose said...

Bon Voyage - have fun at the wedding, I'll see you Sunday.