8.10.2006

the windy city

Greetings from Chicago!

I've decided that I hate looking for housing. I never thought it was that bad, until I realized that out of my last four apartments:

1. Berkeley (North Berkeley): moved into an empty bedroom at my friend's awesome apartment
2. San Francisco (SOMA): moved into a loft sight unseen, which turned out to be the nicest apartment I've ever been to in SF
3. San Francisco (Noe Valley): found the apartment myself in about 24 hours, and loved the neighborhood although I knew very little about it prior to moving there (other than it was close to the freeway)
4. New York (Soho/West Village): also moved in sight unseen after taking over the lease of a friend of a friend. Now it's far and away my favorite neighborhood in NY.

Basically, I've always had excellent apartment karma, but it seems to have run out here. I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

henry siteber said...

few things are as stressful as looking for housing and looking for a job when you are desperate for either.
Good luck!!!

appojax said...

try wicker park, andersonville.

mike said...

Henry - thanks!

AJ - thanks for the suggestions. unfortunately, I'm looking to live walking distance to the law school, so I think I'm pretty much limited to Streeterville.