6.03.2006

summer movie lineup

Last night Chih and I watched Army of Shadows at the Film Forum, a cool nonprofit theater right down the street where they show indie premiere and old classics. This was a French movie from the 60s about the underground French Resistance during WWII. While I was watching it, the movie seemed a bit slow and outdated, but now tinking about it there were a number of very powerful scenes that I haven't felt the like of in a while.

It's interesting to compare it to the last movie I watched, X-men: The Last Stand, which was all action and very little acting and storyline. Even though there's a good chance I'll watch X-men 3 again (probably today with Gerald), I'm looking forward to catching more restored films at the Film Forum.

That being said, there's actually a whole bunch of movies I want to watch this summer:

- An Inconvenient Truth
- Pirates of the Carribean 2
- A Prairie Home Companion
- Superman Returns
- Nacho Libre
- Cars
- Strangers with Candy
- Clerks II
- Miami Vice
- Fearless

In other movie news, here are some upcoming summer movie events:

- The New York Asian Film Festival 2006
- 2006 HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival

No comments: