12.14.2005

what i miss - sf version

slow day at work, but perfect for me to list everything i miss (so far) about northern california. first and foremost - my family. i'm glad i had a few months with both emily and jennifer in san francisco, but i really wish i could be with them during the holidays. also, my cousins jeanne, angela, ajay and joanie, plus maya and madeleine, the new addition i haven't even met yet :(

people i miss:
- my old old roomies ejen and etam (and everyone else, you know who you are)
- my old roomie thien
- killa bees and sunnyvale friends (although it looks like now everyone moved to snta clara)
- and last but not least, my BUILD family - staff, students and volunteers (if you're in the bay area, support our young entrepreneurs and learn about build at our annual holiday sales bazaar)

activities/stuff i miss:
- the bay area scenic beauty
- thursday basketball
- saturday running
- sunday yoga
- snowboarding in tahoe
- hitting the driving range
- npr on my commute
- karaoke revolution!

places i miss:
- our parks: dolores park and golden gate park
- sf public libraries: main and the sally brunn branch (noe valley)
- ferry plaza farmer's market
- berkeley
- the fillmore / warfield
- musee mecanique (but its old location was better)

coming soon: "the food i miss" (my list looked way too long to fit in this post)

4 comments:

Gerald San Jose said...

On days like today in New York, I miss the weather.

mike said...

i love the cold weather still, so long as it's not snowing or raining!

Gerald San Jose said...

Whats the new Musee Mechanique like? I only got to see it when it was near the old bath house.

mike said...

the new musee mecanique (at pier 39) sucks compared to the old one, but they still have many of the classic games/random moving machines.