11.05.2008

history

I was there! Thanks to one of my friends who brought me as her guest, I attended Obama's rally at Grant Park in Chicago. We got there at around 9:15, just a short while before CNN declared Obama the winner. Even more shortly thereafter, the big screens broadcasted McCain's consolation speech. No way did any of us think it would be over that early! The event ran smoothly - no big crowds, minimal crush in the line to get in, very easy event overall, and I'm extremely glad I went!

CIMG3183

CIMG3209

CIMG3274

CIMG3221

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A great night for Chicago! A sucky night for California. You wanna just stay here forever like me?

Albert said...

That must have been awesome! Are you going to try to go to the inauguration?

mike said...

Shannon - I definitely agree. Very disappointing what happened in CA. Hopefully things will turn around by the time I get settled back there.

Bert - Yeah, I'm really glad I went. I heard the Olympics were awesome, wish I could have been there too! I don't know about the inauguration, but who knows?!