8.10.2007

san francisco weekend

I had a fantastic weekend in San Francisco, as I was in town for a job fair this past Saturday. Here's how it went -

Friday
Early (6:00AM) flight from Chicago to Oakland, but thankfully I was able to hitch a ride with Bert. After arriving we visited my sister at her office, dropped off our stuff, and I took Bert to check out Fisherman's Wharf. If you haven't been to Musee Mecanique, I highly recommend it. Even though it's new location is not as cool as it's old home in the Cliff House, it's still worth a visit. Plus it's free, and most machines are only 25¢. It was a bit of a disappointment, as I couldn't complete one of the strength games that I used to be able to do with ease in the past. Here's the hammer game I hope to conquer on my next visit:

CIMG1492.JPG

Saturday
I had to rush to the career fair after having a delicious Chinatown breakfast with my sister. The career fair took up most of the day, but I was able to run out to Yuet Lee for lunch with a bunch of my classmates also in town for the fair. For dinner, a bunch of us went to Cha Cha Cha, and then closed the night at Matrix Fillmore.

Sunday
I was hoping to squeeze in arun while I was visiting, but I forogt how cold it gets in SF over the summer. Instead, Jennifer, Emily, Eric and I all met for brunch at Zuni Cafe. Their hamburger had been on my list for a long, long time, and it did not disappoint. Then Jennifer and I went to the Asian Art museum, which had two very impressive exhibits - Tezuka and a Japanese woodblock print master. From there we went to the Legion of Honor, which also hosted a cool exhibit. Along the way, Jennifer dashed my hopes of every owning an original piece of art by my favorite artists. Finally, I drove down to San Mateo for a fun dinner at Kingfish with my old BUILD co-workers.

CIMG1506.JPG

Monday
Although I had a 4:45PM flight out of Oakland, I attempted to squeeze as much SF as I could in one morning and afternoon. I had breakfast in Chinatown again, then met up with Gerald and one of his FCI friends. We took a short walk around Chinatown and North Beach before driving out to the Mission to meet Thien for lunch at Taqueria Cancun. Then we went to Tartine Bakery for dessert, and finally Gerald drove me to the airport from the city.

All in all, a superfun trip!

No comments: